Volunteer Ministry Training: STAND for Children and Youth
IMPORTANT, this training must be completed ASAP! You cannot participate in your chosen volunteer position at St. Joseph’s until you have taken the training, so please do this now!
YOUTH AGES 14-17: PLEASE MOVE TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE FOR YOUR STAND INFORMATION.
Dear Volunteer Minister,
Before you start the training please read over all the instructions. The Shield the Vulnerable training site is pretty user-friendly. PLEASE NOTE: Here at St. Joseph-on-Carrollton Manor all volunteers are considered to have “substantial contact with children” and must take the full training which includes a background check/criminal history screening (your social security number is required.)
Click here to see the Noncriminal Justice Applicant’s Privacy Rights.
Thank you for your interest to serve as a volunteer Minister at St. Joseph-on-Carrollton Manor. St. Joseph-on-Carrollton Manor and the Archdiocese of Baltimore have a commitment to maintaining the trust of the faithful by providing our children and youth with safe environments characterized by healthy relationships.
With our longstanding commitment in mind, all parishes and archdiocesan Catholic schools use Shield the Vulnerable, a compliance management system that allows all parishes and schools to facilitate compliance with archdiocesan child protection requirements for all volunteers who work with minors, employees, and clergy.
Please register as a St. Joseph-on-Carrollton Manor volunteer at www.shieldthevulnerable.org.
- Select First-Time Signup
- Select Catholic Dioceses
- Select Baltimore Archdiocese, then select Confirm
- You will then see a letter from Archbishop Lori. After reading his letter, select NEXT.
- User Login Data section: You will create your own login-ID and password. Once all requested information is completed, select Next Step.
- Affiliation section: Select Volunteer as User Type.
- Select the appropriate Location Type, Where Located, and Location Name.
- The policy at St. Joseph-on-Carrollton Manor is “all parishioners are in contact with children” so select Substantial contact w/children. However, if you also will be driving children as part of your volunteer service, then select Drivers with contact. Then select Next Step.
- You will be asked, “Do you volunteer at another location?” If you will be serving at another location, repeat steps 6-8 for that location.
- Application Info section: You will be asked, “Are you a new volunteer?” Select Yes. (Returning volunteers: select No.)
- Answer the three questions for volunteers/employees and provide three references. Then select, Next Step. (Returning volunteers: since your references were checked previously, they will not be checked at this time. However, you must complete this field in order to move to the next step.)
- Summary/Confirm section: Review your information. If it is correct, select Accept and then Confirm Signup.
- Background Check Registration/Criminal History Screening: Complete the background check form and authorization. Enter your electronic signature, then choose I Consent to the Background Check. This step is required to serve as a volunteer at St. Joseph-on-Carrollton Manor. (Returning volunteers: please contact the parish screening coordinator if you have not received a letter indicating you most recent screening date.)
- Next you will need to complete Protect the Children: STAND online training. (Returning volunteers: the new policy requires all volunteers to renew their safe environment training, Protect the Children, STAND every 5 years. If it has not been 5 years since your last screening you will not be required to take the training again until your 5-year renewal date.)
- Once you have finished the training, you will be asked to read the Archdiocese of Baltimore’s child and youth protection policies: A Statement of Policy for the Protection of Children and Youth and the Code of Conduct for Church Personnel in the Archdiocese of Baltimore. You will be asked to answer questions about the policies.
Thank you for your service to our Church and especially for your commitment to a safe environment for the children and youth. Please contact me at 301-663-0907, ext. 3018, or by email if you have any questions.
Peace of Christ,
Jeanne Geisinger, Screening Coordinator
WORTHY OF THE CALL
(Youth Volunteer Training)
Note: For youth ages 14 to 17 years, your STAND training is called “Worthy of the Call”. Please call Ashley Arominski, 301-663-0907, ext. 3016 for details or to set up an appointment to view the film at the parish.
264total visits,2visits today