2017-18 Faith and Life Program
Grades: preK-5 Day and Time: Sundays 9:15-10:15 AM
First Class: Sunday, September 10th, 2017
(Did you know? This new start time is in response to the many parents who told us that a Sunday time would be preferable.)
To see the detailed 2017-18 Faith Formation calendar that includes the specific Pre-K to 5h Grade class dates click here.
Register Online Now for Faith and Life (Gr K-5)!
Please register right away to ensure there’s a place for you!
(If you need help registering or don’t have Internet access, please call 301.663.0907, email Kate Taylor, or stop by the office.)
The Fine Print
- Class begins at 9:15 am. Please be prompt so that classes can begin on time and your child does not feel rushed.
- Class ends at 10:15 am We require that you pick up your child from his or her classroom. No child may leave the building unless accompanied by an authorized adult. If someone else is responsible for bringing your child home please send a note in with your child to be given to their teacher.
- Parent Orientation: We’ll have a mandatory welcome and orientation for parents and children on the first day of class. At least one parent or guardian should attend.
- Your child’s safety and well-being: Please do not drop your children at the curb or send them from the church alone to their classroom. Children should be accompanied by a parent or other adult guardian at all times.
- Bad Weather Cancellation: If Sunday school activities are canceled due to inclement weather then Faith Formation is canceled.
- Faith and Life Support – Want to teach? Help? We are always eager to welcome more people to support each other and our children on the faith journey! If you are interested in sharing your gifts by being a lead catechist, an assistant, a substitute, a class parent, helping out with retreats or special projects, or helping in the office, please click the appropriate link below! You would be amazed at what the Lord can do through you if you just give Him a chance!
- Tuition amounts are shown in the payment section of the online registration form. No one will ever be turned away based on inability to pay. Please contact James Mannarino to learn more.
- Attendance: Your child’s faith formation is important! One way to communicate this importance of our relationship with Jesus is attendance in class. Only three unexcused absences will be allowed in a given year. If your child has more than three unexcused absences, he or she will be unprepared and unable to receive the Sacraments that or the following year (whichever applies).
The Faith and Life Course
Kindergarten uses the Image of God series which consists of a workbook full of creative activities to help the smallest ones amongst us to grow in relationship with God and to realize their own great dignity as His children.
From the publisher, Ignatius Press: “The Image of God religion series is an exciting and comprehensive Catholic program that has as its foundation the creation of human beings in God’s own likeness. The greatest confirmation of man’s unique dignity is the Incarnation of Christ, the God-man who is the perfect image of the Father and who reveals God as Love, especially by the Cross and Resurrection. In revealing God, Christ showed us who we are and how to act. This emphasis on the dignity of the individual child as the foundation of this series is taken from Scripture, the documents of Vatican II, and the writing of John Paul II. It presents the Catholic Faith in a stimulating and easy to read format that is being praised by teachers, pastors, and bishops.” Read more here.
First through fifth grades uses the Faith and Life series which draws children into the depths and richness of the Catholic Faith and invites them into a life-long relationship with Jesus and His Church.
From the publisher, Ignatius Press: The Faith and Life religious education series is now in its Third Edition with texts and activities fully adapted to the new translation of the Roman Missal. The Faith and Life Third Edition series presents Catholic teaching using the time-tested ecclesial methodology and spiral development of catechesis, in a beautiful, student-friendly, comprehensive format.
Lessons and teaching resources allow for a variety of activities for different learning styles and educational needs. All students participate in the common approach of drawing on Scripture and salvation as the basis for coming to understand sacred doctrine, the Sacred Liturgy, and the moral and spiritual life. In the Faith and Life Series, students are invited to encounter Christ through sacred scripture and thereby see themselves as part of the love story between God and man. Through this nourishment of the truths of the Faith, students are transformed and become disciples of Christ. Read more here.
The Archdiocese of Baltimore and St. Joseph-on-Carrollton Manor are committed to providing everyone, especially our children and youth, with a safe and healthy environment. Learn more on our STAND page.
96total visits,1visits today