The Audio Visual Ministry is responsible for the setup, maintenance, coordination, and use of the Church’s audio, visual, and lighting technology used during our Sunday 10:30 AM Mass and other special liturgical celebrations. The ministry’s mission is to glorify God by ensuring that our Mass is seen by our parishioners, those who are sick and homebound, and others who cannot attend Mass with us on Sunday or our other celebrations.
Those who work in this ministry have a passion for communicating the love of Christ through cutting-edge technology. The Audio Visual Team works closely with the liturgical ministers, clergy, and musicians to create a powerful, dynamic, and meaningful worship experience for our church. The functions of the ministry include:
- Broadcasting live audio and video to the Internet and other designated areas (e.g., LaPointe Hall) as needed.
- Recording audio and video during our 10:30 AM Mass and other special celebrations (e.g, First Communion Mass, Christmas).
- Assisting our musicians and lectors through the setup of microphones as needed.
- Future: audio and video editing for our special celebrations.
- Future: duplication and distribution of recorded audio and video files for our homilies and reception of sacraments.
- Future: working as a sound engineer for our celebrations through the use of our soundboard and other audio technologies.
Volunteers should have a general comfort level with computers, cameras, and the Internet as well as with YouTube. Volunteers will be trained for any specific technical skill required, for the ministry responsibilities, and with our scheduling system. The only prerequisite is a willingness to learn and a level of comfort in handling and using technological devices and equipment. Of course, anyone with a background in audio or visual technologies is encouraged to apply.
To enroll in the Audio Visual Ministry click on our web page below:
Contact our Parish Office for more information about this ministry.
93total visits,2visits today