Blessed Father Stanley Rother was Beatified on Sept. 23rd, 2017
Father Stanley Rother is the first US-born priest to be named “blessed.” Blessed Stanley Rother was an Oklahoma diocesan priest who was killed in his parish rectory in Guatemala on July 28, 1981. Father Rother requested to be placed at a mission in Santiago Atitlan, Guatemala where he immediately connected with the people. His beatification Mass in Oklahoma City was attended by over 20,000 people.
For details on the life of Blessed Father Stanley Rother and his beatification, see the following links:
- Article on Blessed Father Stanley Rother
- Stanley Rother is the first United States priest to be named “Blessed.”
- Information on the beatification ceremony
- Archdiocese of Oklahoma City announcement on beatification
- Biography on Blessed Father Stanley Rother
- In November 2019 the Archdiocese of Oklahoma is breaking ground on a new shrine dedicated to Blessed Father Stanley Rother.
- Facebook page on Blessed Father Stanley Rother that includes photos.
“The shepherd cannot run at the first sign of danger.”
~Fr. Stanley Francis Rother
Prayer to Blessed Father Stanley Rother
O faithful Shepherd, Blessed Stanley Rother,
as priests and missionary, you tilled the soil
with your hands and invited Jesus Christ
to till the soil of your soul.
You became a sign of the love of Christ the Good Shepherd
for your People, and bless their lives by your ministry.
You stood firm and did not run from danger,
bringing glory to God and His Church and your martyrdom.
Blessed Stanley, obtain from the heart of Jesus
(here make your request…), and pray for me,
that I too may be a sign of Christ love among His people.
Teach me to faithfully till the soil of this life
in this reality given to me by our Father,
unafraid to stay with those God has given me,
no matter the cost.
Through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Blessed Father Stanley Rother Pray for Us.