The recent Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton (SEAS) Chapter of Grand Knights Ultrasound Initiative campaign to replace an aging and failing machine for the Care Net Pregnancy Center of Frederick was extremely successful. The Ultrasound was installed and became operational just before Easter and is already credited in saving a baby’s life. The image produced was of a 6‑week old baby but the mother could see the heartbeat of the child and immediately changed her mind! Thanks be to God! The Ultra-Sound Machine was officially presented and Blessed on April 11, 2015. (Please continue to additional text after photos.) The campaign raised more than $45,000 and achieved its two goals:
- Goal 1: $12,950 was raised to provide for half the funding for an ultrasound and was recently matched by Knight of Columbus Supreme for another $12,950.
- Goal 2: $10,500 was raised and presented to Care Net for additional operating funds.
- Donor generosity provided for an additional $22,055 to the Knights of Columbus Maryland State Council Ultrasound Initiative for the purchase of additional ultrasounds. On average, ultrasounds save an average of two babies a week – so this was money well directed! Since the inception of the Knights of Columbus Ultrasound Initiative, more than 500 ultrasounds have been placed in pro-life facilities in all 50 states, so simple math tells us the impact is that more than 1,000 babies a week are saved. This is only possible because of your generosity! God bless you!
- The campaign spanned 23 Knights of Columbus organizations, the “The Love of Christ Foundation,” Saint John’s Catholic Prep, and Frederick County Right to Life.
- Brother Knight Bob Boehman from our Mother Council St.John’s 1622 organized this entire effort.
- St. Joseph on Carrollton Manor donated $3025.42. to this cause.
Thank you to all donors for your support and to Our Lady of Guadalupe for her many Blessings!
The Charles Carroll Council 15985
390total visits,1visits today