A lector proclaims God’s Word to the liturgical assembly. To this end, she or he must be a living Word; one cannot proclaim what one does not live. The Word burns within the heart of the lector so that, like Paul, she or he can say, “Not I, but Christ in me.” As a lector, you are a servant to the listening assembly. The reading of Sacred Scripture in your life is and must be a continual objective. You will be telling the community its greatest story of faith.
- Willing to devote private time during the week to the study of Scripture, especially to the Scripture to be read on the weekends, and is committed to learning more about the Scriptures.
- Tries each day to lead a Christian life so that her/his life demonstrates by action what is read to the assembly.
- Can effectively maintain good eye contact with assembly.
- Able to proclaim the Word with human emotion and intelligible emphasis.
- Must be an active and participating, fully-initiated member of the Christian community of St. Joseph-on-Carrollton Manor who has completed the Sacraments of Initiation: Baptism, First Eucharist, and Confirmation
- Willing to complete STAND training.
- Willing to arrive at least 15 minutes before Mass time and check in with the Mass Coordinator.
- Able to speak clearly and is comfortable reading in front of a large group of people.
- Willing to participate in ongoing training, such as workshops and retreats.
- Willing to find a responsible substitute if unable to serve at your scheduled time.
To sign up as a lector and be part of this wonderful ministry in proclaiming the Word of God click here:
Our weekly and monthly schedules are on St. Joseph’s Scheduling website. To log in to our website to sign up for Masses and see the schedule for click here:
If you have any questions please contact Chuck Grover, St. Joseph’s Lector Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
115total visits,3visits today