Greeting is the first ministry our worshiping community interacts with. Greeters welcome our worshipers and invite them to share in the Divine Mysteries. The greeters’ presence, service, and actions speak of their genuine desire to welcome all to our parish community.
- Welcome, host and create an atmosphere conducive to the act of worship.
- Assist parishioners as they enter our worship space. Open the door if possible and ensure they get a hymnal.
- Assist worshipers to their seats if they arrive after Mass has begun.
- Assist the Mass Coordinator in creating a Mass count of the worshipers.
- Collect the monetary offerings of the community.
- Assist the congregation during Holy Communion
- Assist worshipers that need additional attention, if necessary.
- Call for emergency assistance, ambulance, police, etc. when needed
- Distribute the church bulletins as the assembly leaves the Church
- Distribute and collect all Church hymnals and arrange hymnals on bookcase and cart after Mass
- Must be a fully-initiated member of St. Joseph who has completed the Sacraments of Initiation: Baptism, First Eucharist, and Confirmation, and has had STAND training.
- Able to welcome, host and create an atmosphere conducive to the act of worship.
- Ability to exchange greetings with persons you do not know and encourage conversations among groups of people.
- Be watchful of the needs of others, for the unfamiliar face or someone who just needs someone to say Hello!
490total visits,2visits today