Mass Coordinators oversee the Masses to ensure everything runs smoothly and are there to assist the clergy or parishioners with any needs that may arise.
Mass Coordinator Requirements
- Must be an Extraordinary Minister in good standing. May have to substitute as an Extraordinary Minister as needed at any given Mass.
- Is a practicing, faith-filled member of the community and in good standing with the doctrines of the Catholic Church.
- Must be willing to arrive at least 30 minutes before your scheduled Mass time and stay 20 minutes after Mass to work with the Sacristan in setting up before and after the Mass.
- Understand that you are representing Christ and the Parish leadership.
- Must be willing to find responsible substitutes for the Mass as needed.
Mass Coordinator Skills
- Willing to be flexible and comfortable with last-minute changes or issues.
- Comfortable with approaching people.
- Willing to assume a leadership position during Mass and in emergency situations.
- Understand all Mass procedures and the roles of the ministries and be able to answer questions about these ministries.
- Understand the church facilities and what to do when problems arise
- Exercise hospitality.
- Want to be a servant of God and to the community.
- Responsible and reliable
If you are interested in volunteering in this ministry or have questions, please click on the link below and submit your information.
We adhere to the Archdiocese of Baltimore Policy for the Protection of Children and Youth. All adult volunteers in this ministry need to register on our management compliance website www.virtus.org and read the Archdiocesan Code of Conduct and Statement of Policy, complete online training, have a background screen performed, and provide 3 references. The training and background check must be repeated every 5 years. For more information, click here.