Discipleship involves sincerely trying to live one’s life according to the instructions provided by Jesus in the New Testament. We do this by:
- Loving God above all else (Prayer & Worship);
- Loving our neighbor as ourselves (Outreach);
- Generously giving our time, talent, and treasure for God’s work (Stewardship); and
- Sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ with others (Evangelization).
St. Joseph has many opportunities for you to live as a disciple of Jesus Christ, whether it is through faith formation, bible studies, ministry to youth and other parishioners, participation in the liturgy, or community service.
Would you like to find a ministry that is right for you?
- Ministry Overview Grid – Not sure where to start? Check out this overview of ministries and choose one that fits your talents, interests, availability, and life.
Questions? If you have a question about discipleship or ministering at St. Joseph please contact the Parish Office.
Good and Gracious God,
Your Son, Jesus Christ,
invites all people to follow him
and become his disciples.
Touch our hearts, enlighten our minds,
and stir our spirit.
Help us daily to take up our cross
and follow him
by living his Word
and proclaiming his Good News
to those around us.
May our faith in you increase,
may our hunger for the Gospel intensify,
and may our parish be strengthened
as we learn to love one another
as he has loved us.
For this we pray, Amen.