Flower and Environment Ministry
The Flower and Environment ministry enhances our worship space for all our liturgical seasons and special feasts. Using banners, flowers, living plants, and liturgical vesture, the Flowers and Environment ministers emphasize our liturgical themes through the beauty of flowers and greenery, God’s earthly gifts. The beautiful flower arrangements that you see above were created by our parishioners. If you’d like to learn how to create arrangements or enjoy working with flowers then see the information below. Also, flower donations from your garden or from a florist for a special intention are always welcome!
- Transforms the worship space from one liturgical season to another by the use of color, fabric, ritual items, flowers, greenery, and the placement of art pieces for various worship experiences.
- Is responsible for flower arrangements either from the team or from parishioner donations
- Waters and trims flowers and plants in our worship space as needed.
- Assists in the set-up and takedown of the environment
- Attends liturgical and flower arranging training.
- Maintains materials in storage.
- Works within a budgeted amount each year, plans for purchases, and plans for future liturgical seasons.
- Is familiar with “Built of Living Stones” and other materials regarding the preparation and changing of our liturgical environment throughout the seasons.
- Has a basic understanding of our liturgical themes
- Is artistic and creative
- Any of the following: arrange flowers, sew, paint, or do arts and crafts
- Any of the following: can climb ladders, carry arrangements, and/or have basic carpentry skills.
If you are interested in volunteering in this ministry or have questions, please click on the link below and submit your information.
We adhere to the Archdiocese of Baltimore Policy for the Protection of Children and Youth. All adult volunteers need to register on our management compliance website www.virtus.org and read the Archdiocesan Code of Conduct and Statement of Policy. For more information click here.