The Music Ministry of St. Joseph-on Carrollton Manor
The Mission of the Music Ministry of St.Joseph’s is to support and enhance the full participation of our Congregation in the music of the liturgy.
-Leads the music for all of the Masses on the weekend – choose which Mass best suits your schedule
-Rehearses together on Wednesdays at 7:00 pm from late August to mid June
-Leads the music for 4 pm Christmas Eve Mass
-Rehearses on Thursdays from 7:00 – 8:00pm during Advent
Young Adult Praise Team:
-rehearsals have begun! Contact Mike Jones – firstname.lastname@example.org
Resurrection Choir: Leads the music for Funeral and Memorial Masses on as needed basis
Instrumentalists: Welcome to participate at any of our liturgies.
Accompanists (Piano or Organ): Please contact the office if you are interested in playing or developing your skills to play for liturgies.
General Description of Ministry:
The Music Minister (cantor, choir member, instrumentalist or accompanist) leads and supports the music of the liturgy – the sung liturgical texts as well as the hymns, songs, and other musical pieces that support and enhance the liturgy. This Minister facilitates the unfolding of the liturgical action and helps the assembly enter into and respond to that action as the one body of Christ. The Minister musically prays the liturgy and helps the assembly enter more deeply into the liturgical prayer.
- Attend rehearsals and be present at scheduled Mass.
- Be willing to learn and experience possibly unfamiliar styles and forms of music.
- Learn the music as well as possible.
- Participate in each rehearsal with concentration and attentiveness.
- Provide good visual and aural leadership.
- Arrive well before the scheduled Mass time.
- Assist the assembly to pray together in song.
- Be prepared to deal with changes and spontaneity.
Skills: (Highly desirable, but not required)
- Ability to carry a tune. The voice must be strong, but not overpowering, steady, and on pitch.
- A good sense of rhythm and tempo.
- An ability to learn clear enunciations of texts.
- A general knowledge and basic reading ability in music.
- Knowledge of the official structure of the Order of Mass.
Contact the parish office 301-663-0907.
449total visits,1visits today