“You will receive power
when the Holy Spirit has come upon you,
and you shall be my witnesses both in Jerusalem,
and in all Judea and Samaria,
and even to the remotest part of the earth.”
Requirements Before Confirmation Preparation
- The family of the Candidate is registered at St. Joseph’s.
- The Candidate has received the Sacraments of Baptism, Reconciliation, and First Communion. (A copy of the Candidate’s Baptismal record must be provided.)
- Any Candidate wanting to prepare to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation may begin in 10th grade. However, waiting until the Candidate is fully ready is acceptable too.
- The Candidate must have attended at least one year of a Faith Formation program or attended an accredited Catholic school prior to the beginning of the Candidate’s preparation. (Note: This is the minimum, we recommend life-long Faith Formation for proper readiness to begin Confirmation preparation.)
- The Candidate during their Confirmation preparation must continue their Faith Formation by participating in the Life Teen program or must attend an accredited Catholic school.
Our program is CHOSEN.
Candidates must complete and submit a Confirmation Information Form. Contact the Parish Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for the form and submit to us. The form must be submitted to the parish office no later than TBD 2022.
Candidates must also ensure that the sponsor they have chosen has completed and submitted the Sponsor Form to the parish office by TBD 2022
Want to teach? Help? We are always eager to welcome more people to support each other and our youth on our faith journey! If you are interested in sharing your gifts by being a lead catechist, an assistant, a substitute, a program parent, helping out with retreats or special projects, or helping in the office, please click the appropriate link below! You would be amazed at what the Lord can do through you if you just give Him a chance!
The Archdiocese of Baltimore and St. Joseph-on-Carrollton Manor is committed to providing everyone, especially our children and youth, with a safe and healthy environment. Learn more on our Child and Youth Protection page.