“You will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you shall be my witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.”
Note: Due to COVID-19, all classes, meetings, etc. have been suspended. Please contact the Parish Office for more information.
Requirements Before Confirmation Preparation
– The family of the Candidate is registered at St. Joseph’s.
– The Candidate has received the Sacraments of Baptism, Reconciliation, and First Communion. (A copy of the Candidate’s Baptismal record must be given to the Faith Formation Office)
– Any Candidate wanting to prepare to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation may begin in 10th grade. However, waiting until the Candidate is fully ready is acceptable too.
– The Candidate must have attended at least one year of a Faith Formation program or attended an accredited Catholic school prior to the beginning of the Candidate’s preparation. (Note: This is the minimum, we recommend life-long Faith Formation for proper readiness to begin Confirmation preparation.)
– The Candidate during their Confirmation preparation must continue their Faith Formation by participating in the Life Teen program or must attend an accredited Catholic school.
Our program is CHOSEN.
Candidates must complete and submit a Confirmation candidate information form. Complete the fillable form below, and scan and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or download, print, and submit to us. The form must be submitted to the parish office no later than March 17th.
Candidate Information Form
Candidates must also ensure that the sponsor they have chosen has completed and submitted the Sponsor form to the parish office by March 17th.
The Archdiocese of Baltimore and St. Joseph-on-Carrollton Manor is committed to providing everyone, especially our children and youth, with a safe and healthy environment. Learn more on our Child and Youth Protection page.