St. Joseph parishioners are invited to apply for Catholic School tuition assistance for the upcoming academic year. Tuition grants for our parishioners are distributed from the Frederick County Parish Tuition Assistance Fund. The fund was established by eight parishes in southern Frederick County to aid families who wish their children to receive a faith-based elementary or high school education in a Catholic school. A distribution committee determines the awards based on financial need.
Catholic School Education goes directly into this fund to assist qualifying families. To be considered for a grant:
- Your family must be registered, active parishioners (which includes sharing time and talent), and must contribute financially on a regular basis whether through envelopes or electronic funds transfer (EFT).
- Your child(ren must enroll in an Archdiocesan-approved Catholic School (elementary or high school). Tuition assistance payments are made directly to the schools.
The distribution committee uses the FACTS Grants & Aid Assessment to conduct financial need evaluations. Families should apply through FACTS. Make sure to indicate the school your child will attend and the parish in which you are registered. The application process is fair and confidential. There is a processing fee of $30 for this service. If you are interested in applying for a tuition assistance grant for the next academic year, please use the FACTS online financial aid application:
- Go to http://online.factsmgt.com to set up your account or login with your existing credentials if you already have an account
- Be sure to designate both a school and your parish of registration
- If you have any questions about the process, please call FACTS at 866-441-4637
The deadline for applying isMarch 31st. Thank you to all the parishioners who support families to afford a Catholic education by contributing to this fund.