- For all those who are suffering in mind, body, or spirit from the COVID-19 virus;
- For those who have succumbed to the virus and the loved ones left behind;
- For all the courageous health care workers and first responders on the front line risking their own health for the sake of others;
- For all those who have lost a steady income as a result of this pandemic;
- For all others working in essential businesses to keep them safe;
- That our faith will guide us during this challenging time.
WE PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS, PROTECT THEM AS THEY PROTECT US
Covid-19: A Prayer of Solidarity
We pray for care and healing.
For those who are particularly vulnerable,
We pray for safety and protection.
For all who experience fear or anxiety,
We pray for peace of mind and spirit.
For affected families who are facing
difficult decisions between food on the table or public safety,
We pray for policies that recognize their plight.
For those who do not have adequate health insurance,
We pray that no family will face financial burdens alone.
For those who are afraid to access care due to immigration status,
We pray for recognition of the God-given dignity of all.
For our brothers and sisters around the world,
We pray for shared solidarity.
For public officials and decisionmakers,
We pray for wisdom and guidance.
Father, during this time may your Church
be a sign of hope, comfort and love to all.
Grant peace. Grant comfort. Grant healing.
Be with us, Lord. Amen. ©
Copyright © 2020, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. All rights reserved. This text may be reproduced in whole or in part without alteration for nonprofit educational use, provided such reprints are not sold and include this notice.